This is an opportunity for those who have completed a doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology to join Khalil Center in a clinical capacity. This is a full-time post-doctoral clinical fellowship.
The clinical fellowship will include the following activities:
- Clinical Service Delivery – you will be assigned a clinical caseload with intermittent clinical supervision from our senior faculty who will oversee the integration of the Traditional Islamically Integrated Psychotherapy (TIIP) framework into your clinical practice. This will encompass 70% of your time during this internship.
- Community Education and Prevention – You will be required to learn how to deliver some of Khalil Center’s signature workshops/trainings and offer them to our community through KC’s partners. This may include mosques, community centers, Islamic schools, colleges and other community organizations.
- Learning – Additionally, you will be required to participate in our year long biweekly didactic trainings that will provide clinical education on TIIP and other Islamic Psychology related trainings from our core and guest faculty.
- Supervision – you will be asked to supervise some of our students, notably practicum students.
This is an opportunity for those interested in advancing the field of Islamic psychology under the supervision and support of our esteemed faculty. This fellowship is offered in partnership with the Stanford University’s Muslim Mental Health lab. The Research fellowship will include the following activities:
- Learning – you will be required to participate in our year long biweekly didactic trainings that will provide education on TIIP and other Islamic Psychology related trainings from our core and guest faculty.
- Content Development – You will be responsible for helping to create content for both the development and utilization of TIIP as well as content for community programming. For example, these may include helping to refine our First Responder Certification training program by reviewing the FRT manual and slideshows as well as adding supplemental learning materials to this program. Or, the creation of a workshop on a particular subject matter like parenting that is accompanied by a workbook and fully developed slides to be delivered in a methodical and systematic manner. Or, the development of TIIP resources by helping to create a workbook on the utilization of TIIP for a particular disorder as a clinical tool for practitioners (see our OCD workbook as a sample of this).
- Research – you will participate in a yearlong research project that is related to TIIP. For example, you may elect to propose the usage of Muraqabah as a contemplative exercise for stress or anxiety reduction that may can be turned into a process outcome study at Khalil Center’s clinics.
How to Apply:
Both fellowships will include either an annual salary or hourly pay that will be determined at the time of application. You must submit your application through our job board.
- Clinical Post-Doctoral Fellowships are currently open and we are accepting new applications. You will apply through the job board.
- Research Fellowship – The first fellowship will be opened up in the Summer of 2022.
- Clinical Fellowship: A doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited academic institution.
- Research Fellowship: A doctoral degree in psychology with a focus on clinical and applied research. Additionally, strong grasp and familiarity with the Islamic intellectual heritage (formal seminary education strongly encouraged).