Mental Health Therapist/Clinician – Manhattan, NY
The contractor shall work in the capacity of a therapist and educator, the current duties and responsibilities of which are outlined below. These duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time as deemed necessary by Khalil Foundation or requested by contractor subject to a formal notification/arrangement. The contractor will:
– Provide individual, family, couples, and/or group psychotherapy to a predominantly Muslim population
– Attend bi-monthly Islamic Psychotherapy didactic trainings and staff meetings online, roughly every other Sunday from 11am-1pm EST. Meeting schedule will be provided in advance
– If applicable, attend weekly clinical supervision meetings provided by Khalil Foundation
– Present at occasional speaking engagements, trainings, seminars or workshops, at a maximum of once monthly.
– If desired, offer and develop programming for the organization, for example support groups, seminars, and presentations.
– Provide a brief monthly report on work duties and current caseload, with any suggestions for the improvement of services both organizationally and for individual service providers.
– Complete all administrative forms and tasks related to the role of being a mental health therapist at Khalil Foundation, including participating in a brief, weekly individual meeting on billing and administrative updates with Managing Director.
– Have an interest and knowledge of the organizational happenings of Khalil Foundation, due to possible organizational situations that may cause a shift in routine business or organizational growth.
– Adhere to the Islamic religious rules and laws that pertain to his/her profession as a Muslim professional. As a professional and member of the Khalil Foundation team of service providers, the contractor must conduct him or herself in a manner that is congruent with Islamic character etiquettes and expectations as a professional and outlined within the staff handbook.
– Minimum 20 hours a week
– Must be available Tuesdays, Thursdays, and/or the weekend
– Therapist’s work location(s) will be in Manhattan
– Required bi-monthly didactic trainings held on Sundays 11am to 1pm
– Shared office with managing director, schedule will be developed and updated as needed
– Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers & filing cabinets
Qualifications & Requirements
– Doctorate-level therapist or Masters in Clinical Psychology or Counseling
– Licensed in the State of New York
– Experience conducting psychological evaluations with adolescents to young adults
– Language capacities in: Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Bangla, and other languages of traditionally Islamic countries
– Clinician with extensive trauma experience preferred
– Master’s Degree in a mental health field (MSW, MFT, LPCC, etc.)
– Familiarity with Islamic theology, customs, rituals and rules
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Hourly rate $30-65/hr based upon degree, licensure and experience
– No benefits offered currently, due to part-time contractual nature of the position
– This business relationship is that of an independent contractor, there is no entitlement to benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, retirement, or unemployment insurance
How to Apply
Send CV or resume with a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “NY Therapist Application”
Applications without cover letters will NOT be accepted