|Part-Time Administrative Assistant (10 hrs/week) – Northridge, CA|
|Shaykh Suhail Mulla, Los Angeles Director|
The purpose of this job is to fulfill the duties essential to the management of day-to-day operations of the agency. This role is highly demanding and requires a self-motivated independent individual who has basic familiarity with mental health and basic Islamic theology/concepts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reception duties – answering calls, scheduling clients for providers in Los Angeles office and teletherapy services using EMR system.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, and copying to management
- Organize files and open new cases
- Data collection from existing files
- Bill insurance panels
- Event planning/coordination
- Maintain contact agency partners/donors
- Initiate contact with neighboring agencies
- Marketing to the local community
- Maintain organization of office (i.e., restocking on paper, ink, office supplies, etc)
- Ensure office is orderly and neat at all times
- Work on special projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Associates, preferred Bachelors
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel a must
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Good research skills, attention to detail, thoroughness and follow through are essential
- Design (flyer, poster, etc – Preferred)
- 2 years Administrative experience preferred
- Familiarity with Islamic theology, customs, rituals and rules
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommend changes in office practices or procedures.
2 hrs/day for 5 days/week for a total of 10 hours. Administrative Assistant will work at the office (with some hours in the field.)
This job operates in a professional office environment. Relaxed business-Islamic attire required.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
Send CV or resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Admin Assistant
Until the position is filled