|Admin Assistant (20 hrs/week) – Union City, California|
|Administrative Manager and Clinical Director|
The purpose of this part-time position is to fulfill the duties essential to the execution of day-to-day operations of a non-profit community health center, training and research institute at the forefront of advancing the professional practice of spiritually integrated behavioral health practices. This role requires a self-motivated, independent individual who has professionalism, basic familiarity with health practices, and an understanding of Islamic concepts and theology.
We are looking to recruit a meticulous, organized individual who has the ability to maintain documentation and records proficiently to ensure promptness and correctness of billing processes. The prime candidate will handle and resolve billing problems and disputes and keep spreadsheets for reconciliation purposes. To ensure success, focus and staying up to date with work is a must. Top applicants must have proficient time management skills and the ability to multitask and work remotely when necessary.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answer calls and emails, as well as schedule clients for providers in the Bay Area locations as well as Web Therapy services, using the EMR system.
- Ensure payments are collected consistently and correctly.
- Entering insurance and financial data into the EMR system and billing systems
- Working closely with appropriate personnel to ensure all patients claims are paid
- Verifying insurance coverage and determining patient financial responsibility
- Overseeing the Financial Assistance approvals and processes
- Ensuring that all employees are fulfilling billing responsibilities in a timely manner
- Support all web therapy services for online pre screenings and scheduling.
- Provide general clerical support to management, including mailing, scanning, faxing, and copying of important documents also includes the organization of physical and electronic files
- Assist in preparing quarterly reports to be distributed to donors and other organizational contacts
- Logging, depositing checks and communicating with accounting regarding its categorization
- Maintain a weekly check-in with the administrative manager to ensure clear lines of communication
- Attend mandatory bi-monthly staff meetings as well as monthly admin meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates Degree Required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Ability to work remotely and have good technical skills
- Knowledge of Insurance and Billing practices preferred but not necessary
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Familiarity with Islamic theology, customs, rituals and rules
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize multiple/diverse projects and handle multiple demands paying close attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and during busy hours of the day
- Punctual, with attention to detail
- 2 years administrative or clerical experience preferred in a clinical setting
- Experience with medical billing and familiarity of healthcare office policies and procedures a plus
- 20 hrs, over the course of 3-4 days (working on Sunday is required), professional office setting, relaxed business-Islamic attire required
- Works mainly out of Union City, CA office and intermittently works out of the Santa Clara, CA and Pleasanton, CA offices.
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers & filing cabinets
How to Apply
Send CV or resume with a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Admin Assistant“
Until the position is filled
July 1st 2020